Welcome to the TFG Forum Board. All Users will have to register to post if not done so already. Once you register let one of the officers know in-game or in Teamspeak so that they can give you forum permissions!

Looking for the old content? Let Ricardo know and he can show you how to access the archive.

For those that love crafting none GW2 related

Tired of talking about Guild Wars related things? This is an off topic area. Feel free to ramble on about whatever your heart desires.

Moderators: Wolf Commander, Officer

Susie Highlander
Officer

For those that love crafting none GW2 related

Post by Susie Highlander »

I have made 3 Dragon Eyes I am hoping that my pictures can be posted here :)

As you all know by now I want to make the Dragon Eye Bracelet These are the 3 Eyes I have done so far tell me what one you like the best
Because I want the good one in the bracelet.
Attachments
3DraEye.jpg
3DraEye.jpg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 51535 times
Ricardo
Wolf Commander

Re: For those that love crafting none GW2 related

Post by Ricardo »

my favorite one is the bottom right one
KeeganReaper
TFG Member

Post by KeeganReaper »

hmmm bottom right one looks pretty good but so does the top one.
FEAR ME AND MY FLAILING OF NOODLE ARMS!
Susie Highlander
Officer

Well I had 12 people say the bottom right so here we go.

Although I did get the exact Cog she had in the video her link to the glass rounds was not the size she used in fact it was much bigger then the cog she used. So I had to do some quick thinking here and everyone that does know me I love my tomatoes and make my own pasta sauces so the other day I started thinking. The metal top of the whole can tomatoes maybe big but maybe I can use the center of it for the eye and yes it did fit like it was made for it. So I had to do some cutting with my sizzlers lol and also the center of the tin I just cut out was the perfict size for the round thing on the bracelet witch is the exact one she uses in her video. So here is what I have done so far and yes this is 2 days work waiting for the glue to be totaly dry before even thinking of doing the wire stuff. I have it drying on the thingie I got and will start the wireing tomorrow :)
Attachments
DEB3.jpg
DEB3.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 51516 times
Susie Highlander
Officer

This is the one I am using for my bracelet :)
Attachments
DEB.jpg
DEB.jpg (50.37 KiB) Viewed 51515 times
Susie Highlander
Officer

In case your wondering what I am making here is the link :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlHEu9wTtN8
Ricardo
Wolf Commander

Post by Ricardo »

Looks really cool. I bet with the concept you could make like a pendent or something just as simple.
swiftstart
Officer

Post by swiftstart »

those look awesome :D
i like the bottom one best myself- but i like how the darker outer rim makes it 'pop'
Susie Highlander
Officer

Well it is not going to be exactly like hers as I said the round glass she had the link to is far bigger then what she has but I am a make due kind of person so we will see how mine turns out I will be honest I am scaird to do this but I so want that bracelet so going out of my comfort just to get it.

Lmao not to metion I am not an experience wire crafter this will be my very first wire crafting so it may or may not turn out so well but we will see.
Anyway Ruth you wanted step by step on my progress this is what I did today :)

I used black nail polish on the tin with the Eye on it then glued it to the bracelet so I would not get cut when warring it I used the black nail polish witch smoothed out the edges as I used scissors to cut out the tin and then again in the center of the tin to fit in the bracelet part.
I had problems with the mode pog as it leeked from the rim where the nozle came out so I had a mess but things stuck together that was my main thing.
Today I started with the Eye lashes she so makes that look so easy reality it is so not each lash is different though you cant tell in the picture and yes I do have it very tight on the eye I am hoping that if I have it a tight fit that the eye should not ever go any where. Below is the picture of it and will post another one so you get a better look at it.
Attachments
DEB5.jpg
DEB5.jpg (53.02 KiB) Viewed 51473 times
Susie Highlander
Officer

This is the other picture of the bracelet so far.
I used the 18 Gauge wire for my lines and used the 26 Gauge for my wrapping I should have done it the other way around but I wanted a tighter fit Although I wanted to make more Eye lashes I could not my wire broke just as I finnished the tenth lash so just like me I made due with what was done.
Attachments
DEB4.jpg
DEB4.jpg (30.74 KiB) Viewed 51472 times